Friday, April 30, 2010

It has been a while



Well life has been going well lately but extremely busy so I have taken the time to write a new blog. So we have done much this year. We bought a home in Gardner, KS last August and have been working on it. We still have a lot to do to make it exactly what we want but that is the fun of owning a home. We recently put in a huge garden with tomatoes, peppers, corn, broccoli and we are going to plant some cucumbers, cantaloupe and watermelon. We also have 2 grape vines, a blackberry and blueberry bush, and 3 fruit trees (plum, pluot(plum and apricot mix), and a peach).
Sara will be 3 in June and we have been redecorating her room to make it a big girl room. She loves horses so she wanted purple and brown with horses. Josh is making her a daybed and I have been working on a quilt and curtains for her room. Now with her bday coming up I am making her invitations for her party...I couldn't find any cute horse invites. She also has decided she wants a horse cake so to save some money I will be working on learning to make one myself. Oh and she wanted to be a brown and white paint horse for Halloween so I had to make a costume since we couldn't find one in a store...although I think most people thought she was a cow:)
My daycare is going well I watch the kids of two great families. One family has a 3 yr. old girl and twin one yr old boys; the other has a 3 yr old boy and a one yr old girl. They are tons of fun and it is great that the older kids are the same age as Sara.
Josh has been working 11pm-7am the last few months and will continue to through the middle of July. I was very nervous about him working the midnight shift but it has actually been great for family time..especially working on our garden.
So that is about all that is going on with our family lately. The end of summer will hopefully be busy with canning and freezing stuff from our garden and making salsa. Then once the fall/winter comes it will be back to busy with butchering deer and remodeling our master bath and hopefully repainting the interior of our house.
Busy busy but better than bored:)

No comments: