Saturday, March 14, 2009

Awesome Weekend

So this weekend was really great. Josh had Friday and Saturday off which doesn't happen often...I mean like it has happened maybe 5 times in the year that he has been out of the police academy. So Friday night we had dinner as a family at Old Chicago...really good pizza. And then I was able to go out for dessert with a really good friend of mine and just have some much needed adult girl time. Then this morning I got up and had my hair cut by a friend from church. She did an awesome job...so the reason that getting my hair cut is a big deal? I haven't had it cut in over 20 months...that's right, the last time I had my hair cut was in May of 2007 before my daughter was born. And I had enough hair that I could donate it to the Lock of Love...which makes me feel good since Josh's mom passed away of cancer. I feel like I get to give back something and help someone out. When I got home from my 2 hour hair cut and eyebrow wax...and visiting...Josh had vacuumed, started the dishwasher, the laundry was started, the baby was fed and dressed. This is an amazing thing because Josh does not normally do that much in the way of chores. Then we were able to spend the day as a family. And to top it all off we get to go to church together tomorrow which doesn't happen every Sunday...and we get to get new temple recommends.
So I hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

3 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

That's awesome that you were able to have such a fun weekend with Josh home. And good for him helping out with the chores on his day off! You should post a picture of your hair so we can all see it.
By the way I'm coming into town this weekend so maybe I'll get to see you in person!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hey our blog went private...send me your e-mail to anotherfreakenmormon@yahoo.com if you want to see it.

Analla said...

I want to see your hair. I love mine short now. I do miss the long from time to time though. I'm glad you had a great weekend. I love days like that.